Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday Night Thoughts

We went to the circus tonight. It was fun but very hot sitting in a stuffy big top tent. My favorite act was the aerial act with the girls up in the air. I liked their costumes. Gavin liked all the animals.

My husband surprised me with a phone call last night-just as we were getting into bed. *Sigh* I love that man. Its so wonderful to hear his voice.Gavin laughed when he heard him on speakerphone. It kills me to admit this, but Gavin doesnt say Daddy now. He says names of people that are around, but he isnt saying Dad or Dada or Daddy. I risk Matt reading this-and Im sorry I havent told you honey. I try to avoid that question. He loves his daddy and he laughs and kisses his pictures so its not like he has forgotten. The only thing I dislike about having a short phone conversation is that he cant tell me anything really. and since I know I cant ask him anything it ends up being this one-sided conversation and I hang up feeling guilty for doing all the talking. I want to hear what hes been doing, where he has been, where he is going, how he is feeling, etc. I told him, "there is so many questions I want to ask you!" and he said,"I know, I want to ask you things too." He said a photographer/journalist got a hold of him...so Im now on the look out for pictures or a blurb from him. He dodges cameras like the plague so this is very surprising and exciting. I loved hearing his sweet voice. After talking with him, I had a very interesting dream...they (the guys) got the chance to come home for a weekend so I go to meet him and its very crowded in this hangar type building on base and I keep asking where he is but I never find him. I had a similar "searching in a crowd" dream during our last deployment.

I didn't know you fried eggplant before you layer it in eggplant parmigiana...?!

HBO lineup tonight: True Blood, Curb your Enthusiasm, and Entourage. We also watched a marathon of Happily Divorced last night. I need to watch Boardwalk Empire from the beginning too. but that list is LONG.  I need to watch Dexter from beginning too. I cant wait to be home to watch my shows on MY DVR. not to mention I so desperately need to escape to the comforts of Stars Hollow.

Im looking forward to going home and sleeping in my own comfy bed and BY MYSELF. I love sleeping next to my son but I dont like it at the same time. His little feet find their way into my back and he likes to poke my eyes in the morning. Not to mention he is so spoiled with the inlaws- he isnt listening to me and he wont eat real food! he likes mac and cheese but I dont want him to live on mac n cheese! or yogurt. or mandarin oranges. I miss the good ol days when I shoveled peas or other pureed vegetables into his mouth and I was able to ensure he was nourished with the good healthy stuff.

Speaking of healthy, tomorrow means a new week and Im getting back into the gym since I had a few days off for the weekend (and to rest my knee & heel) I love working out and I want to make sure I keep up the good routine when we get back home. This month feels really long. We have done so much fun stuff, but man, there is nothing better than home.

No comments:

Post a Comment