Sunday, August 7, 2011

wrapping up our travels

Today is the last day of our whirlwind adventure. Gavin is still sleeping and Im out in the living room of the vacation home in Yosemite. It smells like camping up here and I like that. I wanted to quickly reflect on the last few adventures so I dont forget!

July 24th- Went to the Cole Bros. Circus in Middle Island, NY. Very hot inside the big top, but a fun show nonetheless.

July 26th- Swimming at Donna's pool- such a nice set-up, I told my MIL I wish we came there everyday to swim! Also went shopping

July 29th- Date with Amanda- originally was a beach day but it rained. Amanda and I went to gym for mega mix workout & elliptical at 9:30 then got ready for sushi. great sushi at Kotobuki in Happauge. Drove back to the little movie theatre and saw Crazy, Stupid Love and it was such a good movie. Im definitely buying it when it comes out. Ryan Gosling was so hot and I always love Emma Stone. Then I showed her the beach real quick and grabbed some coffee ice cream (which im obsessed with right now)

July 30th- Splish Splash- a great park but too crowded with ghetto-ness. only went on two slides all day, but I think Gav had fun with the grandparents in the kiddie areas. Had a rough night with Gavin's skin flaring up with a rash/eczema and it was painful for him. Gave him an anti-histamine for the first time and hydrocortisone cream so he slept o.k. his eczema is still there but definitely not all flared up like that was. Need to get him in to the doctor.

July 31st- Nail Day for MIL and I. We got the deluxe, amazing pass-out in your massage chair pedicure and then I also splurged on a gel manicure. So worth it. I never ever get my nails done because they chip with all the work I do with my hands. I never see the point! Now my nails look amazing and still freshly painted, thats it, Im hooked!

August 1st- Haircuts by Dina. Gavin's hair was getting unruly (again) and Im so glad we got it cut, he looks so handsome with his big boy haircut. Im also glad I mentioned my hair because I wasnt going to get it cut, but it needed some layers. Dina does a fabulous job. Every summer I get my haircut from her, its like a tradition now. Went to library with the kids and watched Gnomeo & Juliet at their house.

August 2nd- Chloe and Liam came over to play in backyard- pizza party- shopping at Target- dinner at Friendly's- watched Rio at Sean & Liz's house. The kids all danced on the coffee table, so cute! said our goodbye's. Chloe wishes we lived in NY, I told her maybe someday we will live on the same street!

August 3rd- Packed up for our flight- played at the park at the school- Gav knocked his lip and bled all over but then kept playing- taco bell & slurpees for lunch (not a good idea before a flight, btw) took a nap- drove to airport- line was long at the counter but security was a breeze. Gav and I grabbed a Jamba Juice & clif bar then walked around. He was being awesome walking like a big boy with his backpack of toys. Another lifesaver for me was the family restroom! a reprieve from the crowds. One big bathroom with changing table and toilet where we could set our bags down and "recharge" without worrying Gavin would crawl under the stall or something silly. flight went well, Gav slept the first 3 hours or something so I watched Rescue Me and parts of a movie.I also witnessed a phenomenal lightning storm out the window. Breathtaking and powerful. Arrived to Sacramento and Colin picked us up, got gas and In N Out (the last of my travel fast food, btw!) finally got to sleep at 2:30am at Dad's house.

August 4th- Our wedding anniversary! 4 years married to the love of my life. Woke up at 8:30 had breakfast outside on porch. Went to Home Depot with Dad and also visited Sue's work. Picked up Allen for lunch at Whole Foods. It was wonderful to have a meal with fresh, healthy ingredients. Kale, barley & cranberry salad and tofu stir fry with rice. YUM! caught a magnificent nap in the afternoon then went downtown, visited Allen at work and walked Chef's Market. Gavin liked playing at the kids area but snuck a bite of cinnamon play dough and freaked out it was too spicy & salty, so I treated him to a shaved ice to cool his mouth. Also had a nice time seeing an old friend, Heather, and her wittle baby Ethan at the park where Dad was doing sound for Napa City Nights. Picked up Josh and started our journey to Yosemite (which took much much longer than planned due to my crack navigator) finally made it to the vacation house at 3am. Gav did good on the ride though since he had his dvd player. He was laughing so much at Blue's Clues and talking to it.

August 5th- 2 down- Spent the day in Yosemite- will write more later

August 6th- lazy day- napped then went to the beachfront on the lake

August 7th- today- cleaning up the house then beach again- then driving back home! I cant wait to sleep in my own bed and I sure hope Gav sleeps in his own crib too!

No comments:

Post a Comment