Saturday, August 27, 2011

W,TH,F

Tuesday late night we went to Joshua Tree to grab a load of boxes for my friend Colleen. She finally got her house on base. I used a subway coupon on the way for dinner but I dislike ordering through the drive-thru. Im very indecisive so it wasnt very successful, my sandwich had way too many of the wrong things on it. Oh well.

 Wednesday Gavin went to CDC 930-1130 so I could go to the gym. I was sore from kickboxing so I wasnt planning on doing anything streneous, but a few minutes before 10, I decided to check out the boot camp class to see what it was all about. Im glad I went. It was a fantastic workout with one of my favorite teacher, Debra. I did burpees and mountain climbers, I HATE THEM but I did them. I hope the gym schedule doesnt change too much next month so I can keep up this kickboxing and boot camp class routine. They are a great challenge and makes me feel strong and amazing. After the gym, I picked up Gavin and unloaded my load of boxes at Colleen's house. Then finally mailed out my husband's care package. I cant even remember really what we did the rest of Wednesday...I think we went swimming with Danielle. I think that was the rough afternoon. Its been a rough week in general, between Gavin's teething, my weird sleep or lack thereof and just a cranky emotional me. blah.

Thursday is rest day. My mind wanted to workout to keep up the routine but my body needed a rest after 3 days straight of strenuous workouts. We went bowling on base with the MOPS group (moms of preschoolers)We picked up a friend who didnt have her car so Im happy she was able to come with her daughter. It was fun but also hectic. Gavin was still cranky. Toddlers dont understand how to wait your turn. Other moms also stress me out to a point. They get too hyper and overbearing, Im just like hey, relax! Gavin enjoyed the act of waiting for the ball, then carrying it to the dinosaur ramp and pushing it down the lane.So Im sure if we go bowling just us, he would like just bowling over and over again. It was hard corralling all the little kids back and forth. Then Gav threw his first fit. laying on the ground crying fit. I walked away. I was over it. I felt like we were in public so I should have done something but I know not to encourage that type of behavior. Needless to say, he took a good nap, as did I. I dont know why, but I feel guilty to nap during the day now. Like I should be able to get thru it and clean or be productive while he naps. Lately, I just need to nap. Im a much nicer person when I do.  Gav and I ran to the commissary for a few things, like wet kitty food and also redbox. Danielle came over and we finally watched Limitless. Such a good movie! I also built a box fort for Gavin (and the kitty likes it) A little duct tape and some leftover boxes from shipments sure makes a fun fort.

Friday was also a lazy day. I got the house cleaned up a bit and we skyped with Daddy. We both took a nice afternoon nap then went to the gym. I woke up to a weird quickie storm outside. Its 100million degrees in the desert but we had some rain and thunder for 20 minutes. Kind of cooled the place down from 112 to 106 so that was nice, HA! I was genius mom by thinking of bringing the portable dvd player to the gym and strap it to the stroller so Gav sat for 50 whole minutes while I did cardio. I also did push ups/crunches and stretching. It was amazing. I hope I can keep doing this in the future and Gav will sit still. There was also nobody in the gym at 3pm on a Friday afternoon so I have to remember that. Got home and Skyped with Matt again since its his weekend. I showered and got ready to head over to Meghan's house for pizza and twilight marathon. I shouldnt have eaten pizza and cookies but it was a splurge. If we stayed home we would have been bored but I would have eaten a healthy salad or something better than greasy pizza, but we got out of the house and visited with friends. Meghan has a HUGE cat and Gav liked chasing after him. So much different than our 2 lb 9 week old kitten. This cat was probably 30-40 pounds. haha. We came back home in time for bedtime and I tried out the Rockin Green Cloth Diaper  Detergent on the diapers. Im excited to see if its way better than my regular det Im using on them now. Of course I stayed up too late talking to Matt since I took a nap in the afternoon but its so nice being connected to my husband again. this deployment is going by, I just cant wait for the homecoming. I already ordered a new vinyl sign to hang, I hope it comes in time. (Last sign I ordered didnt come in time! agh!)
Today we have zero plans. I need to clean up house, again. Perhaps we will go swimming, but that means I have to shave my legs. aw man. Winnie the Pooh is playing on base at 2. Im wondering if we should attempt another movie. Since the last time we went, Gav was a terror. My friend Chrystal is going with her kids. We will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment