Thursday, August 11, 2011

Busy Thursday

Its amazing what sleep does for a person. I am so thankful to sleep through the night again. Gavin is getting back into the groove of sleeping in his crib by himself. Tonight he didnt cry at all so Im happy about that. I said "goodnight, I love you, see you in the morning" and he reached up and waved and said, "Nii Nii!" and closed his eyes. amazing.

We had a nice day. Woke up before Gav did, made the call for a doctor appointment and much to my surprise, no wait time and got an appointment! Im so glad we got in to see the doctor. I suspected it must have been more than just a diaper rash, maybe yeast or something, but since Ive never dealt with it as a mom I just didnt know. All I knew is the regular remedies werent working. We now have 5 different medications- oral & topical- for Gavin's skin issues. Im already seeing some improvement and we will see if the zyrtec helps his eczema too. He took a good nap this afternoon and Im kinda ashamed to admit it, but so did I. I feel guilty for napping when other things *could* get done but then again, if they REALLY needed to get done I would do them. I work better with a deadline of some sort. So yes, there are piles of clothes still sitting around from our trip. It will get done eventually.
Got to go to zumba tonight but apparently the gym people dont want us bringing our kids anymore? Yea, like thats gonna fly. Im not happy about this and I hope we can fight it because zumba especially is later on in evening with no childcare available. I dont bring my kid around if he is going to run amuck, zumba has always been the exception that all the kids come and dont bother anybody! urgh. annoying. We all have kids and we all need a workout at some point! Some sourpuss is ruining it for us I think.
Also went to a self-defense class/workshop held by the unit. Such fun! I learned a lot and thoroughly enjoyed punching and kicking a bag. Perhaps I need to look into some kickboxing training. Im just not competitive enough to actually fight another person. a bag is good. some instruction is good too. I like the way it feels to use my muscles for powerful things.
Gav played with kids at the gym and then went to the cdc while I was at my class. He was so happy to play, he didnt cry when I left and he was so happy when I picked him up tonight, not like the crying, "mom I missed you" Instead His face lit up when he saw me and he said "Hiiii!" like "I had the best time mom and I love you" On the way home in the car, I asked him if he had fun playing with the kids and he went on and on babbling about his day. I look forward to the day when he can actually tell me in real words. but then again, he probably wont stop talking at that point. He is so cute and smart though. I love my little buddy and I wish Matt was here to experience all these things. He says "choo choo!" and I can hand him a tissue and he will blow his nose, but hes really blowing with his mouth. We also say goodmorning and goodnight to Daddy's picture on the wall. He waves and kisses him and smiles so big looking at his picture. melts my heart.
Another fun thing is I received my shark steam mop in the mail today. Makes cleaning fun! already did the hallway and the kitchen. looking forward to cleaning more things tomorrow. I hope to hear from the husband soon. Its been a few days now so I hope that means soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment