Monday, June 13, 2011

Another week

A pretty good Monday. Woke up, had breakfast and went to storytime. Also stopped by the Home Store to pick up some pool toys for Gavin. For the first time, I let him walk around in the store without getting a cart. He loved it and didnt want to leave! He kept playing with the Thomas flashlight, and the second we got home he got his out and played with it. He is so amazing. Today more than ever I realize he actually understands what Im saying to him. I asked him to get his shoes and he goes and grabs them! Or if I say, "lets go out thru the garage" he goes to the garage door. Its just so wonderful watching him grow and progress. 
After Gavin's nap, we headed to Courtney's house to visit and sniff scentsy. I love that family. I never want to leave, but Gav was ready to go. We got to skype with daddy for a long time tonight! It was fun, we took him in the garage and showed him all around. He also requested I look for something so he got to come with. Its nice feeling like he was there. The best part was Gavin giving him high-fives thru the screen. totally cute but kind of sad that he has to do that. but daddy is our hero and we've got to do what we gotta do! The rest of the night went well. Gavin and I had a good dinner together at the table. Nothing makes me more happy than having dinners around the table as a family. I wish we did it more when Matt is actually home. We get so sucked in to the TV that we dont take the time to do that. Anyways, Gav got a bath, helped me fold laundry, talked to my mom, put gav to bed, dyed my hair, showered, laundry and dishes. and now im watching Nurse Jackie and US states of Tara before bed. Matt is online showering me with love and I feel so lucky to have someone like him. makes me want to cry happy tears because my heart is just filled with love. love for my son, love for my husband, love for my life and my family, and love for my friends and the new friends coming into my life! Its just amazing how things work out. I am grateful for the challenges I had to face to get to this point. *sigh* tomorrow will be a good, full day. volunteering in the morning, so gav will go to the cdc. then i need to call and finish up our loan, then zumba and i think i have a counseling appointment too. the days are going by almost too quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment