Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tuesday

I meant to blog last night but I was just tired! and a few loads of laundry were looming over my head (and clogging up my bedroom!) so I finally got all of it put away and fresh sheets on my bed. awwhh there is no better feeling that crawling into a comfy, fresh bed.

Courtney, Danielle and I attended the PTSD/TBI educational workshop Tuesday morning. It was put on by the FOCUS group and there were a few special guest speakers to include a doctor that works with marines and sailors over in coronado. VERY interesting and informative. They touched on symptoms and even the patho physiology of the brain and the chemicals involved when dealing with stress and a traumatic event. WOW. I learned a lot. I really wish Matt was there or the unit could get this presentation in the future. a lot of the guys have been dealing with residual effects of Iraq/Afghanistan recently. I also realized a lot of our problems this past year have probably been related to PTSD. Anyways, it was an amazing presentation. and a fantastic reminder that I am not alone in the feelings I have had and do have sometimes. Its difficult being married into the military but even more difficult for the service member to adjust to "regular" life. I am also more aware than ever that I have supportive and understanding people in my life. I really wish some friends would have attended this and other workshops to better their understand of their husband, etc. Contrary to popular belief, this base has a LOT to offer, especially in the way of family support. Speaking of which, I am so excited to get started volunteering at the NMCRS on Friday! I was able to get Gavin into the CDC so I dont need to burden any friends so I am happy about that!

I also made a phone call to USAA to adjust our car insurance while Matt is gone. Saves us money, hooray! what I didnt plan on was being on the phone for over 2 hours- but for good reason. I ended up asking advice regarding possibly refinancing our jeep. Matt is mad at me for not doing it yet. and sure enough, we got approved!! The only caveat is my POA on file was expired so I had to go out and fax the new one over to finish up the loan process. I really really hope everything keeps going smoothly because this really is a dream come true. We were screwed over so bad when we purchased the car, so getting our interest rate and monthly payment down is really in our best interest. I am very excited and proud of myself. I have yet to talk to matt at all- so I hope he feels the same. Its even more exciting to input the new numbers into my budget spreadsheet and see how much money we can put towards other debts.

Other than that, business went as usual for a Tuesday. Went to zumba- was disappointed it was a different teacher. I felt like we were being led by a hello kitty character. she was very energetic and very asian.(sorry but its true!) but she knew what she was doing and was really fun. I missed dancing to my britney song, but it was good to switch up the routine with lots of latin songs. Towards the end of class some guys came in and hung out in the back (waiting for the bball courts) but it was PERFECT timing because Gavin was fussing and I let him out of his stroller. After dancing with us girls for a minute or two, Gavin was fascinated with the basketball. The guys were good babysitters and kept him entertained so I could finish my workout. He had so much fun, and later on he saw basketball on TV and completely stopped what he was doing to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment