Monday, June 6, 2011

I don't do white busses

Welp, here we go. Number 3 as a family. Ive been dying to blog the past 2 days and formulated so much good writing in my head but now Im sure it wont be so amazing. but in a nutshell, we had the requisite blowout fights on saturday. stayed up all night packing. woke gav up at 4:30am and didnt come home til 7:30. Gavin sure kept everything cheerful for everyone.He walked around accepting candy and cookies from whoever offered and even threw the football around for a bit. It was cold, but the sun finally came up. Right as busses started pulling in we said our goodbyes at the car. I didnt do the white bus thing before and I still wont do it. Why prolong it? Quite frankly, Matt goes into business mode and isnt the lovey dovey husband I so long for. (he was at home, of course) I was exhausted and thankfully so was Gav, so we went to sleep for about 4 hours. Woke up and friends were going swimming, so I figured what a great way to kill time before our 2pm movie! Packed a picnic lunch in my cute little lunch bag and off we went to the family pool. Some friends were there for her son's 2nd birthday party so it was nice to have people to talk to and the kids played a bit in the shallow kids pool. The water was cold, but it was still fun. Went home, changed real quick and made it just in time at base theatre (it was packed!) for Rio. OMG, cute cute movie! Gavin did good, he danced in my lap to all the singing and dancing. so cute. he passed out on me at the end. we went home for a little nap and Emily needed some company so we got subway sandwiches and headed to the dino park to tire the kids out. I realize now I was avoiding my house. It was so messy and dirty, it was overwhelming and I just didnt want to clean just yet. I guess I also didnt want to face the fact that my husband left.

Today was a good day. Woke up, had breakfast, ignored the mess and went to storytime at the library. Gavin is so much bigger than the kids now-but he plays real  nice with everyone and just likes to cruise around and look at the books and occasionally sing a song and clap his hands. went home, he ate some lunch then took a nap. I hung out and watched some shows on DVR and heated up some lasagna I made on saturday. Finally got up and cleaned the kitchen. Apparently the lasagna was so good, sauce got on the ceiling so I had to find the stepstool to get up there! Gavin woke up and played outside while I finished some more cleaning. We listened to Nicki Minaj on pandora and it felt good to have a clean house again! tonight I wanted to go walking so we ended up heading to the Clarks and hung out and walked around the block a few times. I didnt want to leave their house, but it was time for Gavin to get home and get in his jammies. It is now 10pm and Gavin did not have the best bedtime. We read books and went to sleep like normal but he woke up 20 minutes after I laid him down and was inconsolable. I cuddled him and tried to lay him back down but he wouldnt have it. He never does this anymore! I gave him orajel and snuggled some more. Still crying forever and ever. So I finally just went up and gave him some tylenol because his mouth seems to be bothering him and decided to just bring him downstairs with me. I dont know why he is doing this, but I sure hope its not like he realizes daddy is gone or something =( I thought for sure he would be tuckered out from playing with Wyatt and fresh air during our walk. Oh well, on to tomorrow. Im going to finish up a show or two and finally go to bed. I hope to hear from my husband soon. I love and miss you honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment