Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Weekend

  • Brunch Saturday morning with the company spouses. 
    • very nice seeing some and meeting others! fantastic breakfast food. I made savory bacon, cheese and scallion scones as well as sweet raisin cranberry scones.
  • Gavin woke up feverish, so we didn't stay as long as I would have liked at the brunch- hung out all day Saturday in the house. He slept most of the day and cuddled with me. I felt antsy as I haven't had down time like this in a long time. I watched Pearl Harbor and some design shows.
  • My dear Courtney came bearing food for me and we visited for a few minutes. She showed up right as I was about to lose it, I sure do love that girl. (Gavin was leaking poop all over the place at some point last night)

  • Sunday morning we slept in, seeing as we were up a bit during the night. 
  • Abby invited us to The Mango Hut for lunch, and even though I was going to decline for money reasons, I'm so glad we went! It was a great spot for food and atmosphere and Gavin was awesome too! I cant wait to go again and order something different.
  • Took some random pictures on the lot, I loved the old buildings. I sure wish our family portraits were taken there, but there is always a next time!
  • Gav and I spent the rest of the day at home. We have another busy week ahead of us and he was still acting a little cranky (no fever!) He also hasn't been eating or drinking that much. 
  • Talked to all the parents in my life on the phone/skype, so that's always fun.
  • Husband had duty so I haven't chatted much with him. I'm anxiously waiting to hear if he has completed the paperwork we desperately need done. Crossing my fingers!
  • Everyone and their mom is pregnant right now.
The huge 5-load pile of laundry on my bed isn't going to fold itself, so that's what Ill be doing before bed. Need to be somewhat ready for the week ahead because after this week we will be out of town for 1.5 months! My motivation for everything has been sorely lacking the past 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment