Friday, June 17, 2011

Fabulous Friday

Had a pretty good day- a nice change from the last few funky days. Had to wake up early to welcome Tristian in, as his mom needed me to babysit for the day. Seeing him and Gav play is so fun. Yes, there were a few moments where they stole eachother's toy, or I had to take the plastic golf clubs away due to hitting. But what else do you expect from 15 month olds?? We field tripped to the splash park and it was really beautiful out! Its been tremendously hot this week but it was a nice 90 out while we were there at 10am and I dont think temps went over 95 today. Nice and cool! haha. Unfortunately, T man didnt nap for very long so that proved to be a trying afternoon as he was just dog tired by the time his mom came back from work. Both boys were climbing all over me and needing attention. A glimpse into my future when we have more children!

It makes me happy and fills my love tank being able to talk to my husband throughout the day. I told him tonight that sometimes I feel like we get to talk more while he is gone than we do when he is home. When he is home there are distractions and things to do. When he is away we make the time to communicate with eachother and focus more on it. Although he said he feels like we talk a lot when we're together too, and he is right. We love and miss eachother.

I am so so grateful for my wonderful friends. I have kind of been on overdrive with a busy calendar and all, so Im glad Courtney invited us over for dinner tonight. I would have never thought of it because I feel like my brain is fried. We had no plans (and none for the weekend, either) and getting out of the house is definitely good. Passes the time quicker and wears gavin out for bed! We made a yummy dinner- salad and tator tot casserole. (never had it before!) and also iced some cupcakes. I uploaded some pictures from a disk and then we caught up on some gypsy wedding and extreme couponing episodes all while talking, playing with gav and petting the doggies. I would love to adopt a working dog- so well behaved and smart! I feel so comfortable with Gavin and the dogs because he can pet or touch or put his foot in his face and he doesnt care in the slightest. He just enjoys your love and attention.

So we are home now and Gavin is sleeping in his bed. I have talked to my love for a bit and even caught a few minutes of sexy Christian Bale Batman but now im heading to bed. Ill be waking up early in the morning to bake some bacon and cheese scones. Wish me luck, I hope they turn out as great as they sound. Turns out, coming up with a brunch dish is kind of difficult!

No comments:

Post a Comment