Wednesday, June 15, 2011

tired=agitated

Had a good morning with my darling son. Woke up, breakfast of waffles & bananas and strawberries. Headed out to storytime, kind of rushed out the door and realized Matt's care package wasnt perfectly ready to ship so I left it home to take later. I also didnt have my shopping list ready, so after a fun storytime we came straight home. I dont want to brave the store without being prepared with my coupons and such. Its also flippin hot out now! Summer has officially hit the desert. I cant believe this is our 3rd summer in the desert.

My friend Mary and her son AJ (Gav's age) came over this afternoon and she trimmed my hair up, but also gave Gavin his very first haircut! I feel sad about it, but his hair was really getting unruly. He looks like such a little boy now and no longer my baby.
The afternoon was hard for me. I was losing my patience with Gavin making so many messes. He spilled my drink, then spilled my coffee, spilled his food, spill spill spill. not to mention, he had taken his diaper off in his crib and  pooped everywhere! It was my fault I didnt put pants on him before he laid down for a nap. Its also my fault for leaving stuff out for him to grab. I realized I was just tired. Little things that shouldnt bother me, sure do bother me when im tired. I finally got a short little nap before we had to wake up and go to Courtney's house. Im so glad I got a nap because I really needed it. I wish my nighttime sleep was restful enough to get me through the day, but it hasnt been lately. and that sucks! I need to be super woman right now and not take naps. but I just cannot be the best mom when Im tired and agitated at Gavin when he is just being a kid. So anyways, tonight I attended a FOCUS workshop called SNAP. It was great to learn some new techniques on how to effectively problem solve, but also a bit on relaxation. I also just love being around strong, wonderful women who I can relate to.
So on to tomorrow, another hot day in the desert. We're walking the PFT course in the morning and dropping off Matt's care package. I want to grocery shop at some point. We're also slated to go to the pool after Gavin's nap- plus zumba! I have a feeling I will cut something out. Most likely the pool. Ill be babysitting all day Friday so we could do the splash park then instead. Im rambling, but its nice to sort it all out in my head. Im obsessed with my calendar app on my phone too.  Its 11:00pm, time for me to settle into bed and hopefully sleep good. I miss you honey, I love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment