Sunday, June 12, 2011

happy

Yesterday was a great day... made tacos and tropical drinks for girls night at my house! It makes my heart happy to have so much conversation and laughter in my house, especially when Im missing my husband at home. Although, its been going so much better since I have the chance to chat with him at least once a day. I love him so much. so yes, last night was so fun. We sat and chatted in the kitchen, brought the kiddie table in for Keiralee and Gavin to eat at. Which turned into Gavin climbing on the table and smearing sour cream all over himself. Then we played Scribblish in the living room, and boy that was hilarious! Then we migrated out in the backyard for a bit, chatted some more and watched the kids play. Then finally plopped down on the couch and started a movie, Just Go With It. Cute movie. Im really glad we did a girls night and I cant wait for next time. especially since other people will be back and we can play different games,etc.

Today was officially LAZY DAY. finally! I really feel like this past week zoomed by since our calendar was pretty full! Gav and I snuggled in the bed and talked to Daddy online. Then when I wasnt looking, Gavin got into my vaseline jar and got it EVERYWHERE!! Such a mess, but I couldnt help but laugh. He wouldnt sit still for a picture but it was like, on his nose, his hands. everywhere! We had breakfast and played then took a long glorious nap. I allowed myself to take a nap too and Im so glad I did. I needed that little recharge/refresher. We woke up in time to eat a quick lunch and head to the pool. Such a nice time enjoying the sun, the water and talking with some new friends from the unit. Gavin does well in the water but he didnt enjoy putting on the lifejacket and me letting go. Im hoping to sign up for the last session of swim lessons to do with Gav. Should be fun. We're going to be traveling so much, there's only that one last session we will be here for. Another thing I want to do is go buy some cheapy pool toys for Gav since he always plays with other kids pool toys when we are there.

My accomplishment tonight was finally putting together the nametape bracelets Ive been drooling over. Last deployment I had a metal bracelet made to wear every day but this one I wanted something different, but definitely something to wear everyday. Im so proud of how mine turned out! I did one desert and one woodland with a pink polka dot ribbon and even a little charm too. they needed a little tweaking, but turned out amazing nonetheless. Now my next project (of many!) is to paint my own wood sign. I really like the wood signs that say: The ____ Family established ____. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. and have the bases listed underneath. I hope I can get it just right!!

Watched the season finale of Army Wives just a little bit ago and it sure seemed like a series finale, so I double checked but sure enough, renewed for a 6th season! I was chatting with my husband and updating him on everything, he makes me laugh. Of course SSGT Leblanc gets accepted into OCS school. In a matter of a few years the guy has been to Iraq, Afghan, Recruiting duty, picked up rank TWICE and now OCS. like that is reality.haha. but my husband called that one. He always calls it. on every movie and tv show we watch he predicts what is going to happen. i love him but hate him for it.

on a totally different topic. Im completely irritated when people bash California. I DO NOT bash your state *cough* Texas *cough* Everywhere has their pros & cons. Yes I understand you aren't from here, I understand you get homesick for whatever your burger joint is, etc. But please, STOP bashing our local eateries, or the way things are done, etc. I am so over it. You can be proud of your state, sure, but some people take it way too far. I would never hear the end of it if  I was stationed in Texas/Kentucky/Wherever and bashed your state for whatever reason. Most importantly, I wouldnt do that!! I try to respect people, not put them down. geez. end rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment